Python is a popular, commonly used dynamic programming language. It has a simple and easy to learn syntax that emphasizes readability, which leads to a reduction in the cost of program maintenance. It supports modules and packages, and offers increased productivity.
When going for Python Hosting, you should look for the following features:
- Which version of Python and mod Python are installed on the server
- The provider's policy regarding Python modules
- Which of the provider's plans include Shell access
- If the apache installation supports CGI and mod_wsgi
- Which Python runtime version is installed
- Which Python bridge is used for running Python based websites in web server
- Is there sufficient system permission for Python
Some companies that offer Python hosting are Bluehost, inmotion, hostmonster, etc. When looking for a good Python Hosting provider, you should look for some vital features that would help you decide on the best provider.
- The pricing policy - the most expensive plan may not be the best among the lot. Go for a plan that is reasonably priced while offering all the features that you need.
- Features and capabilities - the host should be able to provide quick and efficient uptime and downtime.
- Network and server - choose between a dedicated and a shared server on the basis of the content and volume of the site.