How do I upload my site?

Discuss about shared web hosting and web hosting in general.
Ishu Sharma

How do I upload my site?

Postby Ishu Sharma » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:21 am

please explain this.

admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I upload my site?

Postby admin » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:28 am

Transferring a file from your computer to your website is termed as upload of files. When you sign up for a web hosting provider like ComputeHost, we give you an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) account. The easiest method to transfer files to your website is by using the software application. To transfer the file, you need a software program called “FTP client”. Choose the FTP client version that suits your system.

You will need to have following ready:

1. You need to have your login details (user id or username) and your password for your FTP account

2. Name of FTP server to your website. It will be something like ftp.xxxx.com (xxxx is your site name).

3. The directory where you want to place your files so that they can be seen by a web browser of a visitor to your site.

You can also use your built-in Windows or internet explorer FTP client or any other software that supports FTP to upload your applications to your website account.

In case you do not wish to use your FTP client and need another method of transferring files from your system to your website account use the control panel’s File Manager and upload your data.
Contact Number : 1800-212-2022
Sales: sales@computehost.com

Links To Our Service Pages:

Cloud Hosting India | Dedicated Server Hosting

Return to “General Web Hosting Discussions”